I haven’t been writing on here for a couple reasons. I didn’t want to promote IMVU which kind of pissed me off, and I have had to work more and couldn’t put much time into this. And also because I just focused on my own imvu time and began doing even more pictures and videos of that. This just wasn’t any big deal and I didn’t figure it mattered if I continued. But I’ll ask you, does this matter? Do you really even care if I write more about IMVU or virtual relationships? (there are a few things in the past couple years maybe I could write about if I can get back into the mood again.)
You can tell by the dates that I haven’t written much in a very long time. I was tempted to turn the blog into a hate site, documenting how IMVU SUCKS because they surely do. I love the people more than I can possibly say, but hate the corporation more than I can possibly say too. They seem to intentionally screw the the system and the customers so badly that I just can’t stand to look like I’m representing it. So I figured it’s better to say nothing than to continue to do anything that promotes them.
They’ll probably retaliate against me if or when they see this and when they do that, I’ll ramp it up and and post the million horror stories about IMVU screwing their customer base both out of stupidity and to force them to spend a few bucks, because they figure you’re addicted because of the people, so they can so anything. But for now, I have to share the latest one, that happened to a friend of mine.
One of my best friends was chatting with her wife who was on her cell phone. When her wife closed the chat she hit the flag button by mistake. It happenes, I’ve even blocked my spouse by mistake (losing all the shared rooms) because the links are so small and close together and there’s no confirmation, if you hit the wrong thing on your phone, bamm they’re gone.
Later that day my best friend gets a note from IMVU saying they’re banning her for two weeks because she attempted to get users passwords. She is the sweetest person I know, doesn’t go to random rooms or talk to people she doesn’t know, honestly and truly a wonderful soul. And they’re accusing her of trying to hack other people’s accounts?! Everyone knew it was so completely wrong.
Hello, *********. We have evidence that you recently asked another user for their password and/or other account information. We have temporarily disabled your account for 2 weeks due to this Terms of Service violation. You will be able to login 2 weeks from the date of this e-mail.
Her wife who flagged it by mistake has written IMVU to say it was a mistake. IMVU has the conversation and knows there was no attempt to get anyone’s password, that is a blatant lie. There are THREE issues exposed here:
1. IMFU assumes anyone is guilty without even reviewing the accusation at all. They say they have evidence yet the evidence shows exactly the opposite except they didn’t actually look at it. And of course there’s no appeal process.
2. Even if you do prove you’re not guilty, which is made intentionally hard since they won’t show you the evidence or the accuser, they don’t care. In this case the accuser says it was a mistake, but they STILL DON”T CARE and are leaving her banned.
3. They intentionally bann users in order to force them to make a new avi and buy AP and credits and if you’re a developer to ultimately steal and continue to sell all your assets without having to pay any commission. So unfortunately they make money by attacking their customers, and as they’re base shrinks they do it even more.
IMVU is hurting two people in this case, both my friend who they banned and her wife (also my friend!) who made an honest mistake, all because IMVU cant’ be bothered to look at the content of a complaint, and because they can’t be bothered to fix even such an obvious mistake.
Two additional points here:
* They use the excuse that you were attempting to get users passwords (hacking) even when they know it’s not true at all! It’s just their standard broad excuse that they use for anything.
* You can get anyone banned anonymously by flagging any conversation. I probably shouldn’t say this out loud because it’s totally true and very dangerous. But hopefully if enough people abuse it you’d think they’ll have to change their policy. But unfortunately in the end the sad truth is they JUST DON’T GIVE A FLYING FRACK ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMERS and are happy to err on the side of hurting their customers to get them to spend a few bucks more.
If you wonder why I don’t post much here any more it’s because IMVU corporation SUCKS and I don’t want this to just be a complaint about IMVU. I love the people and the system isn’t bad, but the people that run it are driving it into the ground.
Valentine’s Day is a holiday of Romance and Love. Romance is love in its active state, ignited and inspired. Valentine’s Day may feel like a holiday forced on us by the “greeting cards factory’s, jewelry stores and floral greenhouse industries”, but the truth is that we have accepted it because we recognize and value its purpose.
Love that never inspires romance is stagnant and stale. Valentine’s Day is an opportunity to ignite our existing relationship with romance, and love with an added dose of romance will result in a stronger, longer lasting and far more satisfying relationship.
As we watch how the the sun go down,
I just want to let you know,
my love for you will last forever,
and I’ll never let you go.
You are the one I’ve been searching for,
the one I have finally found,
without you my darling in my life,
my world wouldn’t turn around.
The love and joy you bring into my heart,
which is so very true and kind,
is something in no other,
I could truly ever found.
Today isn’t just an ordinary Valentines Day,
it’s all about me and you,
about the loving feeling we both share,
and how it is continue grow.
It isn’t all about the chocolates,
neither about a dozen roses,
it’s about the love we found,
and how much we’ve been blessed.
Everything will happen with a reason,
I believe this statement is true,
that’s why you were sent to me,
and why I was sent to you.
I’ve never been more happy,
as I am with you,
even through rough times,
we’ll always make it through.
To be with you for eternity,
is all I want for me and you,
and I’ll promise you, with all my heart,
you’re my one and only, true love!
Happy Valentine’s Day…xxx
When we chat we talk in short sentences or phrases. We don’t always punctuate everything or spell everything perfectly and we don’t talk in full paragraphs. So when you talk in ceremonies, weddings or things, even if you’re copying and pasting do it in smaller bites. It gives it more of a spoken feel and makes it feel more real and a better rhythm.
When you write in smaller blocks, it fits into the bubbles better, and you know you’re going at the right pace. If you paste a big block it’s harder to know how fast the user is reading and it’s easy to go to fast or too slow. And if you paste more than two bubbles it doesn’t show the whole thing in the bubbles. I like to video things and like to watch the bubbles in a crowded room because it’s easier to follow the thread and the right person.
If you’re copying and pasting, it’s really not much more effort to copy and paste a few more times. It’s not a big thing, but its especially important for screen shots and videoing because you only see the bubbles. This is just one of my pet peeves and I have it in a list of tips for IMVU weddings but not in its own post. So remember take Human Bites! I also like vampires too, so it works that way too ;)
I just got back from Disney World and can’t help but make a comparison here with IMVU. For me IMVU isn’t just like going to Adult Disney World. It’s not even like getting a season pass for the Adult Disney World. It’s like falling in love with the top ride designers, and living out every fantasy you can imagine with people actively trying to design the most amazing things ever, all to make you crazy head over heels in love! That’s all it is. And guess what, it totally works!
They think I do a lot, I just ride and have the absolute time of my life!! And Love them more than I ever thought was even possible! That’s all… It’s just being head over heels with the most amazing people who constantly push your buttons and seem to be able to make you more and more in love every day… ALWAYS!
Then it’s sharing your heart and soul with the Queen of Happiness and better friendships than you ever had in real life. It’s more than passion, it’s honestly loving and sharing friendships, laughter, and tears. It’s almost unlimited sexy clothes, music and people that want to love and be with you all over the place. The only downside is there’s never enough time to see it all. It never closes and never gets old. It just gets better and better every day! It’s totally addicting and gets better and better every day.
We often worry about not letting imvu interfere with rl but a good friend of mine thought imvu helped her do better with her rl relationships by making her more open and communicative. How true! Here are some ways recently that I thought about on a recent trip to the Carribean:
1) Communication is key – to everything… Too often we hide what we really mean, sometimes to protect the other person’s feelings. But at least in my book, more communication is always better.
2) Don’t be afraid to ask for what you want…. I have this problem that I don’t like asking for things. I don’t want to impose. I think of that Mel Gibson movie, What Women Want, where it takes a man getting magical powers (from a toaster of all places) to read women’s thoughts, to make them happy because girls often don’t say. So like #1, communicate. (I’m embarrassed to admit what I learned to ask for that made me think of this. But feel free to ask. It was totally only something that I got used to asking for on imvu before I was able to ask for it in rl.)
3) Be sexually adventurous. Imvu gives you so many ways to push boundaries. Explore in a safe environment. Last month, in our little island trip, we had a little bungalow, with a private pool on the deck (basically a glorified bath tub but still), it was hidden by trees but still public and I did things I would never have imagined myself doing just a couple years ago.
4) Be aware of other’s feelings, validate them before stating your own– I mean, this is not just an imvu thing. A friend of mine who has been separated from her husband for like 4 years but still trying to make things work, said that was the biggest thing she learned from counseling. That in a fight, before you make your own point, its important to validate the feelings of the other person. That was the best piece of advice I got from my brother’s ex-‘s mother who was a life coach years ago, but imvu has given me lots of practice. In a fight, we worry so much about our own point of view, because we just want to be heard. So one good way to calm the tension is to make sure the other person knows they are heard. Tell them you get it. That’s usually all any of us want.
IMVU is very international and it’s great to get to know and see things through friends all over the world. Looking at the statistics a moment ago I noticed something I thought was interesting. Even with all the turmoil we hear about there, the Ukraine was the third highest country by visitors today. It doesn’t really prove much but I just thought it was interesting how we can reach people all over the world. I pray for the people of the Ukraine and the Dutch and everyone who lost family and friends!
Wow, super excited and nervous and anxious all at the same time. I’m worried about the size of the room and how many people can fit. So it’ll be important to have the link for JOINME readily available. If the link’s here it’s available. I’ll take it down when it’s not active any more.
Wow it was so wonderful!! Going to bed so happily married!!!
The first most important thing is the attitude of wanting and trying to please your partner. When you put that first everything else tends to work out. The ones that don’t seem to be trying are the ones I remove or avoid. And even people that aren’t that great or are just ok can get better if they’re really trying and want to please the other person.
The second most important thing to do to be better at passion is to open up and really let your heart flow. You have to put yourself into your AVI and learn to feel and express even the details as much as possible. Use lots of adjectives and paint a vivid word picture of every little detail and action.
Sexiness comes from your mind and the words you use are more important in great passion then sexy poses, triggers or voice boxes or anything else. But that doesn’t mean that the other things don’t help or add to it. So set up and use sexy poses and dress sexy and use sexy music or sounds appropriately. Sex and great love here doesn’t come from those things but doing all of the smaller pieces right definitely adds to the quality and excitement.
There are a few other things you can do that can help you to do a better job that I don’t tell most people about. The best secret trick is to use Dragon Naturally Speaking or any voice program that allows you to talk instead of having to type. I don’t do this during regular chats, but in passion I like to be able to have my hands free so I can enjoy it and still do a good job making it fun and sexy for my partner.
I also use a couple other tricks that I don’t talk about as much. I use a program that helps in typing things, kind of like an auto correct. This allows you to expand a couple of letters into phrases or even whole sentences. I got a gaming keyboard that has a programmable macro keys. I even got a foot pedal so I can just tap the pedal instead of having to use the keyboard for a couple things.
I made a database of all of the best lines I used or could find. A little bit of preparation can help make it very powerful and a lot easier. Some of the macro programs can automate a lot of it. I don’t find that I use those type of macros or the prepared lines as much once I got good with Dragon, because I’m with the same people fairly frequently and I don’t want them to feel any of it is canned or less than less sincere. The point though is that you should try to find a few ways to shortcut and make it easier to do a good job.
One of the things that I do which not everybody does is music. If you search a little bit and work at it you can put together some very hot sexy IMVU music mixes that will add to the feeling of passion.
Make or even find a couple IMVU rooms that have fun themes and use them with some friends. A generic looking room, or even worse the default room is kind of a turn off. But a very sexy room that’s different and exciting will definitely make someone want to come back again and so will real powerful love! Follow up afterwards with a note or two, to stay on their mind, and don’t sound like you’re gonna come track them down, but let them know if you appreciate it.