Warning: You will HATE IMVU eventually!

kait imvu dreamingIMVU itself is great, but the corporation and customer service in particular seems bound and determined to make No matter how much fun you have in here, you will at some point

I don’t work for IMVU (that’s never been more obvious!), I just made this website because I LOVE IT. I’ve had 193,465 hits on my website, given out 6,805 gifts and spent over $8,000 in the past two years on credits directly at IMVU (not counting resellers). I’m head over heels in love and getting married in a couple weeks in here! I’m nothing if not one of their very biggest supporters anywhere and it breaks my heart to say anything bad about any of it. But the bad guy isn’t the one pointing out the problems, it’s the people that ignore them.

I don’t know how else to say it but, I have never seen a corporation so determined to attack and hurt their customers. I understand the need for rules and the need to enforce them. I understand being spread thin and needing to handle support as efficiently as possible, but after the conversation (I’m not sure the Live Help is really a live person or can be called a conversation) I had today with Matt, I considered a number of options but decided it was long past time to make a section of the website for IMVU Complaints. I Love the people here more than I can possibly explain, and I love the system. And there are probably some good people in the corporation, but the corporate attitude is extremely antagonistic toward their customers.

horseback riding in imvuI guess the down side of it being so good is that they end up feeling like they can do absolutely anything at all to even their best users and act like they can never leave. Well they can and even if it’s growing it’s not growing like it could if they were doing it not right, but just less vindictively.

I’m making a place for users to complain anonymously and to talk about the IMVU issues not because I hate them or am trying to hurt them, but because I care, even though they don’t seem to. Maybe they’ll reach out and try to improve things. Unfortunately there’s probably an even greater probability that this will piss them off and paint a target on my back. If that’s the case, the gloves really come off and the whole website becomes this section and I’ll be free to post even more things.

Just the fact that there are complaints does NOT mean that it’s bad. Take anything you read online with a grain of salt, even this. Look at this just as an outlet for venting. I’ll start out a little and just so you know, the next couple posts may be complaint related items as well.

1. xkinkykrisx

You know I love and support you with everything! Whatever you need, whatever we can do to hopefully make this entire situation better, I am right by your side. I could rant for hours about IMVU and their “customer service” Perhaps this weekend on my down time I will write a post as well love.

June 19, 2014 at 8:30 pm

• Thanks soo soo much Love! you’re so supportive and loving it’s wonderful! I can’t wait to be your partner, your spouse.

June 19, 2014 at 9:58 pm

• You can read more about it here: http://www.feckimvu.tumblr.com

IMVU.com is a 3D social chat used by millions of users over the world
      to chat with each other.

Recently IMVU has been losing money and has resulted to scamming people.

You can either choose to make a story out of it, do something about it or not.
      It’s up to you, will be sending this to many people until there’s
      someone that actually starts listening.

Anyone with authority that simply decides not to do anything about it should
      also be charged with enabling and aiding a fraudulent website.

Not only is there flaw with IMVUs T.O.S but also methods of verifying their
      customers accounts.

The “customer is always right” policies does not apply to them and they simply
      neglect their job to care for it’s clients. They don’t only neglect to care but
      they also steal from their clients and commit fraudulent acts blantantly with no care of getting caught.

February 19, 2015 at 2:36 am

• I do agree with the premise here that the corporation is hurting their base, and has an incentive to penalize them. It’s like a police officer enforcing a non specific speed limit, and they get to keep the penalties so they have an incentive to keep the rules vague and use them to attack their customers. Eventually people learn to find other roads. It’s sad to see, because this could be great. But they’re attitude is clearly hurting their user base.

March 2, 2015 at 4:39 pm

2. Kaitie the only good thing I can say about imvu customer service, and there “help” is that it is so bad, that I had to search elsewhere for help, and that was how I found YOU! I am with you 100% on this Kaitlyn. I love IMVU but I think it would be easier to get an audience granted from the Pope, than to get an answer from them. :)

June 20, 2014 at 3:47 pm

• We’ll see. It’s been several days. The Live Chat seems mostly robotic and repeats dumb company lines that clearly aren’t true and says they’ll address it today and escalate it yet nothing ever happens. The worst thing about IMVU isn’t the technical glitches it’s the attitude of the company, and their totally antagonistic and unaccountable God Complex!

June 21, 2014 at 11:44 am

3. Hmmmm did you mean “Superiority” complex?:

A superiority complex is a psychological disorder in which the affected individual experiences an exaggerated feeling of self-importance. He or she feels superior to other people and displays a general disregard for the thoughts of others. Individuals with a superiority complex often exhibit a sense of grandiosity. They typically maintain a feeling that they are better or more important than other people, and often fail to take the opinions or desires of others seriously. This disorder may also be referred to as narcissism or megalomania.Traits of someone with a superiority complex include haughtiness, a lack of empathy, and a tendency to get hired at IMVU…..LOL

June 22, 2014 at 12:56 pm

• I think a God complex is that taken to an even higher level. It is a feeling like they can do absolutely anything to anyone. They might as well just say that they didn’t remove my picture, I’m wrong. It’s as true as saying the picture is AP. I could make it into a poster and get it reviewed and I could even make 10 versions of it and they’d all get approved 100% as GA. But they wouldn’t ever back down from their line that it’s AP. At least that’s the impression they give, of not caring about the facts, just that it is what they say it is and F you if you don’t bow down, who are you to question them?!

June 22, 2014 at 9:48 pm

4. Pingback: Does IMVU Customer Service retaliate when people complain? | Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

5. Pingback: IMVU bans customers for LIFE for their own mistake | Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

6. Anonymous

You on IMVU payroll obviously.

July 24, 2014 at 2:21 am

• LMAO, no I’m on their SHIT LIST. You’re probably joking because that’s so obvious, but I can’t even get them to answer customer service tickets, that sit there for a month. I can’t get them to stop flagging a GA photo and taking it down. I made a section called IMVU Complaints. I not only don’t work for them I don’t get any consideration and they seem hate me. The IMVU system is good, (it goes down sometimes and has bug because it’s complicated, so I won’t say great) but the IMVU corporation and people running it SUCK and seem to be trying to run it into the ground.

July 24, 2014 at 11:13 am