Falling in love in IMVU

imvu loves kissWhen I first came here I didn’t really think you could fall in love in imvu like this. It is fun but how could it be as good as real life? Everybody’s results will be different, every relationship is different. Honestly though not only can you fall in love here but it can be even more intense more exciting and more passionate then real life.

I don’t know exactly why it’s more intense in imvu. I don’t know if it’s because our brain feels in the gaps with what we want, or it’s a fantasy so we can make it look even better than reality, or just the fact that there is no dirty laundry no little things that bother you. imvu motorcycle chics Maybe it’s a combination of all of those things and something else, but whatever the reason not only is it possible to fall in love but you can fall deeper and more intensely and love here then almost anywhere else.

Everything happens faster here, so it’s understandable that love happens quicker but the intensity can be a little bit of a shock sometimes. The other side of the intensity is that what goes up usually comes down and unfortunately if you thought it was fast and intense falling in love, falling out of love can be even faster and more intense. It also seems to get better each time too, so hang in and hold on. It can be a wild ride.

1. “FALLING IN LOVE” on IMVU
    Let’s face it. The Game of IMVU is a world filled with fantasy, fake Avatars, No Bills, and no outside conflicts and distractions of a real world existence. Of course it may seem as it is so easy to “THINK” you have fallen in love with someone. Come on now , let’s keep this thing real. People fall in love with the figments of their own imaginations. In the Game you don’t see each other’s real personalities, physical appearances and faults. Sure it’s easy to drift away on a cloud of fantasy as u gaze into the Catalog purchased products, that make an Avatar look… as most people seem to like to use the term, “SEXY”….
    But what about the real person on the other side of that monitor?
    Who are they really? You most times don’t even know. People play so many mind games in this virtual world. And in reality the only tools that are being used is a monitor, a keyboard, and a dang mouse…. “CLICKABLE RELATIONSHIPS, CLICKABLE FAKE SEX, CLICKABLE MARRIAGES AND NOT TO MENTION… CLICKABLE “FURNITURE BABIES”.
    NONE OF THIS IS REAL. So how can one be so gullible as to think this LOVE THING is the real deal. YOUR NOT FALLING IN LOVE WITH A REAL PERSON! YOUR FALLING IN LOVE WITH AN IDEA OF WHO YOU WISH THIS PERSON WAS. Spending time in a virtual world is no proof that this is real love… Spending time in the real world will test whether it is real…. OR NOT. After you have been with each other in real life situations.
    AND THAT TAKES REAL TIME IN A REAL WORLD.

January 18, 2014 at 11:47 am

2. It’s always so wonderful to see you in love my dearest twis. I agree we all fall hard and fast but you fall harder than most and it’s always a delight, your happiness brings happiness to all around you.

January 18, 2014 at 1:51 pm

3. Mistress Hollybelle

Again Kait you have touched on a very important point. Yes love on IMVU is both intense and fast. It seems like “the real thing” until you find out the person has lied to you , that the person is the opposite sex, until you find the person is a complete fraud .. or until someone else comes along and its just as fast and intense.

Falling in Love on IMVU is hazardous but rewarding.

Especially for very young people who have never actually BEEN in love.

And LOVE does not AUTOMATICALLY = MARRIAGE. Yet way WAY too many people fall in love in the morning and want get married by afternoon.. I refuse to perform ceremonies for couples who have note “lived together” for at LEAST 4 months.

The failure rate of marriages on IMVU is about 98% failure after 2 weeks.

99.9% after six months

Its truly depressing to see one relationship fall apart after another when the “marriage bug” hits.

My advice: Fall in love. Stay in love. COMMUNICATE. Try to STAY in love. Do this for a year before even considering marrying,. Get married by a reputable Priestess, Priest or Minister. submit to counselling throughout your relationship . DONT CHEAT if you think you are monogamous . ALWAYS talk about partners with your primary if you are POLY .
    And MOST importantly make CERTAIN you KNOW EVERYTHING about your partner before you invest your heart 100%

The streets of IMVU are paved with broken hearts. Dont contribute any more cobblestones.

And when, somehow, after all this, you find you are wonderfully magically still in love and devoted then ENJOY IT TO ITS FULLEST . Its beautiful thing. Even the hard parts .

Blessed be

Mistress Hollybelle of HOLM

January 18, 2014 at 9:21 pm

4. Wow what awesome comments. The funny part is that they’re all valid. I do fall in love harder than most and I get deliriously happy, and I know most fail. Well you could look at it as 99% fail if you define success as lasting forever. In here the goal is the journey not happily ever after. You have to be able to enjoy the trip, because in the end you’re technically not going anywhere. But honestly the emotions ARE actually very real. And sure it won’t last forever, but what does? Even if I knew for an absolute fact that it was going to end or crash at some point, and that some of the things I feel are based on lies or my head playing tricks on me, I honestly wouldn’t change a thing. Actually I do know all of those things and still seriously love every freakin minute of it.

In reality, I’m married and can’t do this any of this in real life. So the fact that this isn’t real life, is not a surprise and is NOT a bad thing. The feelings are very intense and very real, and it’s all just priceless to me! You’re right, of course you have to keep some perspective, but it’s so dam fun to dive in and enjoy it. Don’t let the reality keep you from enjoying it either. I only wish I could share this absolutely priceless feeling better, or that you have a chance to enjoy even just a part of the amazing feelings I feel.

January 19, 2014 at 12:51 am

5. Let me re-quote Deb here if I may. “Let’s face it. The Game of IMVU is a world filled with fantasy, fake Avatars, No Bills, and no outside conflicts and distractions of a real world existence. ” I say YAY! ( sure wish they had the butt reducer app in real -lol)
    I have enough bills, non-fantasy, phoney people, and outside conflicts to satisfy my real world needs! So, I come here not to have any of that. Would anyone really want to bring all that here? Hmmmm fake avatars….is there such a thing as a REAL avatar? Like I may have said before, unless computers have attained artificial intelligence or the people on here are robots in real life…….or aliens have imvu accounts. (would aliens have e-mail accounts?) :) Then the person on the other side of the monitor is a real human being, with real feelings, and real emotions, and is capable of really being hurt, and really can fall in love. I had met a few mind game players when I was new here, but you can dismiss them fairly quickly. They are not here for long term friendships, or relationships. They eventually just fall away from boredom of a mind that won’t play mind games back. I have made some friendships here that are as important to me as my friendships in real. Respect the person behind the keyboard……where have I heard that before? :)

January 19, 2014 at 3:13 pm

6. collettelilac

Oh and Kaitie, I love you, really! :)

January 19, 2014 at 3:15 pm

7. XKinkyKrisX

It is so easy to dismiss IMVU as fake. When I first joined, way way back when, it was easy to think of it as a diversion, as something not real. But over time, and after many mistakes or “learning opportunities” you do realize it is just as much about the person behind the avi as it is about yourself. When you open yourself up, open your heart, it can be the most rewarding thing ever. Yes it can be easy to lie, to hide behind the avi, but it is so much better, so much more fulfilling to expose yourself, drop the walls and open yourself up to someone else. I have made many incredible friends that I value as much as if they lived up the block. I love seeing them daily, spending time with them.I am deeply in love and it is amazing and yes it does happen quicker, but it can also make everything in your life better, make you a better person if you open yourself up to the possibility of it.

January 19, 2014 at 4:01 pm

8. It’s easy to sit there and just say everything here is fake or some silly fantasy and dismiss it. And it’s true you can’t touch it, but I believe in things I can’t touch, things I’ve only seen pictures of. That’s not the definition of real. And you don’t have to touch to feel emotions. People have fallen in love with much less interaction remotely through letters or over the phone for years. That’s nothing new. And that isn’t exactly the same as falling in love in the perfect fantasy, but it’s still real. So it’s not like the lines are black and white anyway.

Collette is right, these are real people and you can’t help but have real emotions. You have to try to keep some perspective and balance, because it won’t end in the perfect fairy tale ~winks at Collette~ but love is a journey. And even if it’s a virtual ride, it can be very exciting and intense. So I’ll sit in the front car, hold on tight and scream at the top of my lungs… and enjoy every moment.

It’s all of these things and more. Much more than I had expected for sure!

January 19, 2014 at 5:32 pm

9. Taylor

Makes me smile ear to ear seeing this. Sending you lots of love, hugs and well wishes. Miss you!!

January 25, 2014 at 2:35 am

10. Then one would have to define what type of love is being referred to here.
    You MUST distinguish between GAME love or REAL LIFE love. Yes that is exactly my point. IMVU is a game. However, real people play it. Those “E-Motions? ….
    Are still predicated upon a Fantasy induced atmosphere no matter which way u slice it.
    Color me realistic. So basically since this post was primarily about “FALLING IN LOVE…
    ON IMVU”…. This is what I responded to. The word LOVE is not only an emotion, real or imagined…. It is a verb, which denotes ACTION … And let’s keep it real…
    E-motions change. Falling sometimes results in injury …. REAL LOVE HAS TO GROW.
    I concur, the imvu streets (PULSE) … ARE FILLED WITH LOTS OF BROKEN AVI HEARTS, INDEED. Pain is pain no mater what the venue. My advice as well…
    “LOOK DEEP, B4 U LEAP” TY….

January 28, 2014 at 12:02 am

11. I just wanted to let you know I <3 your site <3 and you have inspired me to make my own ty for inspiration if u are ever bored or wanna chit -n- chat my name is LittleBbgAshley <3 ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty ty<3

April 16, 2014 at 8:04 pm