Closeness and Balance
Closeness isn’t just physical. It’s emotional. And at least for women it is ultimately important to feel close emotionally. It’s the difference between sex and love. The people who think Imvu is about sex are missing that.
I just spent two hour talking about things with Susan and didn’t do anything overly physical but it was so amazingly intimate. It’s not that we’re not physical. Exactly the opposite is true. But the heartfelt sharing is makes the physical part so much more intense.
Every relationship is different. Some have more intimacy and some have more passion. We all have to find the right balance. But the best strongest relationships definitely have both sides. And the strength of one side makes the other side stronger. They’re not only interconnected but it’s an example of the sum being greater than the parts.
There are so many ways to get close. It would probably be a great post to list some ways to feel closer and more intimate with your partner. I’ll add a couple and if enough other people add things maybe we can make a list too.
How to build Closeness:
- Open your heart and talk about feelings.
- Share secrets.
- Be vulnerable.
- Work toward or plan for something together.
- Be kind and close to your partners friends.
- Write notes.
- Pray for each other.
- Wear something with their name on it, a necklace or shirt or tatto
- Sing a song to them.
- Shop for and find something that shows you were listening to them.
- Make a Home (a room) with them, that reflects THEIR taste.
- Long deep conversations.
- Care about their real life.
- Talk about your beliefs and childhood.