The day the Music DIED at IMVU.

the day the music died at imvuUPUDATE: They didn’t shut off the music in the US but they did send out messages to some people saying they shut off the music in their country even if they weren’t in the 12 countries they did shut it off in.

Wow, IMVU just shut off music within the US! And they’re serious because they just reversed all of my music purchases! I can’t help but hear the song American Pie which I embeded the of video below. Play it and remember today as the day the Music Died at IMVU.

I can’t get on to check the forums or read any more yet but it sounds like a serious law suit to me. I guess I can’t complain getting almost 400K in credits back but I’m gonna miss my mixes. Does anyone else know anything about this or has anyone heard anything? If not feel free to spread silly rumors or vent, lol.

1. music working for me. music was disabled in 12 other countries besides the US http://www.imvu.com/catalog/modules.php?op=modload&name=phpbb2&file=viewtopic.php&t=440025&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
    my guess is that it was a mistake, and it affected your account because you gifted somebody in one of those countries.

September 28, 2012 at 10:24 pm

2. It was only supposed to be the following countries. I’m in the US. I actually still have my music. It’s kind of odd but I guess I’ll just shut up and keep playing, my music that is. Sorry if I over reacted but their message and then credits made me think it was real.

List of countries affected:

Philippines
    Romania
    Turkey
    Venezuela

September 29, 2012 at 2:46 pm

3. Wendy

I just read this at the pulse page and made a copy of it to reply at your story Kait!! Why doing IMVU this to all the people at these country’s. Let them enjoy and have fun too and where will it ending? Maybe europe, Australia, America…? I think it won’t do anything good and probely IMVU will loose some customers too with this decission they made!!

The following change related to our Music Store will go into effect today, September 26th 2012, and will affect IMVU users from 12 countries listed below. Users accessing IMVU from one of these countries will no longer be able to buy, use or listen to any music tracks sold in our Music Store.

List of countries affected:

Algeria
    Brazil
    Columbia
    Egypt
    India
    Indonesia
    Morocco
    Pakistan
    Philippines
    Romania
    Turkey
    Venezuela

We are automatically issuing full refunds to any IMVU members from these countries if they have purchased tracks from our Music Store prior to today. A home page message to this effect is accompanying the credit refunds. The credits are being added to the account’s credit balance. All refunds will be issued within the next 24-48 hours.

So what does this mean for users from these countries going forward?

– They will not be able to buy any tracks from the Music Store.

September 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm

4. Wendy

So bye bye, miss American pie. Drove my Chevy to the Levee, but the levee was dry. And them good young girls where drinking whiskey and rhy singin, this ll be the day that I’ll die, this ll be the day that IMVU music die……

September 29, 2012 at 3:10 pm

5. frankiesuz

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:15 pm Post subject: IMVU’s Music Service no longer available in 12 countries

List of countries affected:

Algeria
    Brazil
    Columbia
    Egypt
    India
    Indonesia
    Morocco
    Pakistan
    Philippines
    Romania
    Turkey
    Venezuela

So what does this mean for users from these countries going forward?

– They will not be able to buy any tracks from the Music Store.

September 29, 2012 at 3:19 pm

6. I’ve never been to any of those countries let alone used IMVU there. Maybe I gave music to someone in one or two of those countries. That’s the only thing I can figure out. There are a couple people in the US that got refunds according to the forums but it’s not really talked about much. I don’t want to talk about it that much either, lol. I love my music and if they want to give me my money back who am I to complain or argue. I was already on cloud 9 so maybe now I’m on 9 and a half?!

September 29, 2012 at 3:49 pm

7. oh yea. you can’t blame imvu for this. like kait said, i imagine it was a lawsuit somewhere. blame the music companies.

September 29, 2012 at 10:40 pm