It’s a Social Network not a game

the game of IMVU
HollyKaren said something on Friday I really thought was a good point and should be posted. (Maybe I’ll get her to post it next time) Imvu promotes it self mostly as a game. A lot of the people treat it as or refer to it as a game too, and that really doesn’t do I justice. A better term for it is social network.

imvu favorite bedroom fantasy

To be a game it would have to have a goal and a winner. But the purpose of imvu is really just to build relationships. Hence it’s a social network. You enjoy it because you feel part of something and have great friends.

Not only is this a better more appropriate category for it but this also raises the value and I think the acceptability of it. Calling it a game kind of trivializes it. Anyone who spends time here knows its way more than a game, and anyone calling it a game is generally trivializing it or putting it down. The people that are good at it certainly don’t treat it like a game.

1. yea, i always found calling it a game odd. but i suppose a game doesn’t have to have a winner. if a game is just any activity where people play, then I think calling it a game is perfectly reasonable. and there’s nothing wrong with play. play is how people (and animals) learn and build social bonds, experiment.

May 29, 2012 at 12:01 pm

2. But doesn’t your own comment suggest that it’s about learning to build social bonds, and therefore suggest a social network more than a game.

May 29, 2012 at 12:26 pm

3. oh sure, just saying that both names are right. different names can both be true at the same time. sometimes i find it useful to think about it as a game. why should games just simulate killing each other, when instead games can also simulate meeting fun people, dressing in pretty clothes, visiting faraway places, building and creating and nurturing your artistic side, and exploring the softer extents of human emotions instead of the adrenaline and fear driven emotions boy driven games are based on.

May 29, 2012 at 2:04 pm

• I kind of like the point about games not having to involve shooting people. Honestly the only time I describe it as a game is when I’m talking to my husband. It’s easier for him to picture it and be ok with it if we describe or characterize it as a game.

May 30, 2012 at 2:40 pm

4. paulina121star

Hi there your coupon doesn’t work just saying.:) How can I add more things to my site for my dolly.

August 26, 2012 at 10:39 pm

• Sorry it just ran out and I had to get another one.

August 26, 2012 at 11:00 pm