You need both great group and individual connections.

There have been times when things have been mostly group oriented in my life on imvu. And there have been times when I’ve only had individual relationships. And while I haven’t talked to other people About this, I definitely find that the best situation is a combination.

It’s wonderful to have a group of several people that all love each other and equally awesome to have one very special person that you put above everyone else and who puts you above everyone else too. Both of these things actually compliment each other, they don’t compete.

Just like its good to have a variety of good friends I think this balance is very healthy. The difference here is that it’s easier to multi task in here than it is in real life. Actually its very bad to multitask it real life but it’s very easy and pretty normal to have a variety of connections and priorities in imvu. It’s not that it’s impossible to stay exclusive on here but it goes against the grain in imvu, where there is no down side to free sex and there are temptations and distractions lurking around every corner.

Youre usually better off acting in here the same way you would in real life in most things. But one interesting difference is how geared toward multitasking imvu can be. In life you really have to focus emotionally on a single one on one relationship or you should. It’s not just easier to have multiple priorities in Imvu but it seems as natural as have multiple friends does in real life. I think it’s also interesting how unique every relationship is even within a very homogenous group. And a group can be an example of the whole being stronger than a sum of the parts because your mutual connections reinforce your direct connections.

1. Morgan LaFlame

My humble appreciation for you friendship. IMVU was never created for strif or anger. I can’t be here and hold on to those kinds of feelings, thank you Kait for being you ;)

April 23, 2012 at 6:47 pm

2. Morgan, You’ve been a great friend and are certainly a great person. You’re also a great example of why it’s important to have a network of friends. Life happens but friendships are important and can see you through.

April 23, 2012 at 7:16 pm

3. I thought about this in terms of phases. Where I went from random hookups to lots of one on one relationships, to the group that you brought me into that I will be forever grateful Kait. Working out group interactions is infinitely more complicated than one on one, and unlike you, for me the multi-tasking of dealing with so many interactions drives me crazy. But I have learned from you the value of bringing people together, since otherwise, with so many one on one relationships, I often feel pulled in so many directions at once and feel bad for having to decline so many invites, so its nice when everyone can hang out together.

April 23, 2012 at 10:03 pm

4. Pingback: Pulled in so many directions « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

5. Morgan LaFlame

Oh btw, I would know that tattoo and that back of that red head anywhere ;)

April 27, 2012 at 5:02 pm

• I L♥VE YOU Morgan.

April 27, 2012 at 9:46 pm

• Morgan LaFlame

I know..giggle, I love you too ;)

April 30, 2012 at 9:15 pm

6. Morgan LaFlame

Oh and why do I look so funny and my photo is not here…lol

April 30, 2012 at 9:16 pm

• I think you have to click on and upload a pic to your profile. I’m actually not overly familiar with it, I just did it one time and it kept it. Idk, but you’re really not so pointy headed in real life. heheee….. I’m a shit head and you’re a goof ball.

April 30, 2012 at 9:30 pm

7. Morgan LaFlame

Were both SH’s lol……but I do seem a little more technically challenged the you are…giggle

May 1, 2012 at 9:49 pm