How not to look for an IMVU Family

How not to look for an imvu familyThis was actually from about a week ago, and I didn’t get to publish it and I thought about it again today because I met Cyndia’s family today. They were great, and although there was certainly a wide variety in the people and characters, it was obvious that they were close and comfortable with each other.

It’s kind of interesting because you can tell how close people are by how hard it is to understand the conversation. The closer they are the more inside things are woven into their conversation and the more they just let things flow. But looking for and finding the right people to fit in with here is so cool. With that being said here’s how not to do it.

Guest_*removed*has joined the chat

Guest_*removed*: Heey

Kaitlyn: helloo

Kaitlyn: How are you today?

Guest_*removed*: Im Janessa

Kaitlyn: I’m Kait :)

Guest_*removed*: Nice to meet u

Guest_*removed*: Im Lookin for a family

Kaitlyn: you don’t do it this way.

Kaitlyn: you go out and go through rooms that sound interesting

Kaitlyn: find people you like and be a friend

Kaitlyn: you don’t ask for a family

Guest_*removed*: oh okaay

Kaitlyn: you find one you fit in and feel a part of one.

Kaitlyn: a family is just a recognition of your closeness to a group of people.

Kaitlyn: you become family by being such great friends

Kaitlyn: that there’s no other way to describe it.

Kaitlyn: and you don’t just ask for that, you have to be a real friend and that takes time.

Guest_*removed*: so u can help me

Kaitlyn: then you’ll find one.

Kaitlyn: one that you feel like you belong in.

Kaitlyn: It’s not something some can just do to you or give you.

Guest_*removed*: ty can u help em

Guest_*removed*: me’

Kaitlyn: I guess I thought maybe telling you how to do it WAS helping you.

Guest_*removed*: Okaay

Guest_*removed*: Ty

1. IMVU is about relationships, and families are the epitome of the best and strongest relationships.

March 14, 2012 at 8:53 pm

• Cathy

I get what your saying
      but currently in 2014
      You just go to a room and People adopt you
      you don’t wait a looooonnnnngggg time and become friends with the persons.
      and this doesn’t make any sense either ways….
      Pointless

April 12, 2014 at 7:18 pm

• You get what you put into it. You’re right doing it that way is pointless, which was pretty much the point of the post.

April 12, 2014 at 8:29 pm

2. nod nod. Though maybe some families work that way. I think I told you I was weirded out by the whole family thing when I went to visit an aquaintance of mine in her family room early on, that happened to have a recruiting sign on. I just started asking what the recruiting was all about, and suddenly they sat me down behind a desk and gave me a pre-set list of interview questions. Then the father came in and gave me the same pre-set list of interview questions. I was a lil freaked out at this point, but then they had a vote and they all voted to accept me. I never even asked to be part of it, I was just asking about how it worked. Needless to say I never went back to that room again.

March 14, 2012 at 10:06 pm

• That’s a good point. I didn’t understand the family concept here. When you’re new here it’s hard to jump into IMVU 401 when you’re still at the introductory level. Some people also do it wrong, that’s obvious too, which is as much what you felt as anything. Maybe we you felt was the opposite side of the conversation I had with someone random. And it reinforces the point that you don’t go looking for a family like that asking random people and you don’t go trying to recruit random people either. The best way to join a family is when you turn around and are so close that there’s no other way to describe it. It’s not that it’s bad to look for one or bad to look for members. but you have to feel it, not force it. Thanks Katy, you add so much to this conversation!

March 14, 2012 at 10:48 pm

3. Ally

All My family stuff has been me on the outside, until i joined Kimbers crew. Then i was family and I didn’t even realize it. a lot of stuff happens here that you don’t realize till later.

March 21, 2012 at 11:08 am

• Yes, that’s so not what i ever expected either. It was so foreign and weird, but you lucked out and found the most amazing family. You can’t just wander in and get that though, you have to grow into it. And you just fit like such a glove and before anyone knew it you were in their heart and loving everyone. Cudos to you, really!!

March 21, 2012 at 1:10 pm