Am I married?

Married to Holly, the sexiest girl in imvuYes and Yes. I’m kind of weird I guess, being straight and happily married to a man in RL with three kids, and married to a the sexiest woman I’ve ever met in here. I was mostly lez when I started in here, afraid that every guy would turn into a stalker or that it would hurt my RL marriage. It also seemed that women were easier to talk to and it wasn’t centered around or focused on sex. Over the past year I’ve gone from being unwilling to friend guys to having half my sex with them, but I have to confess I don’t have the type of relationships with guys that I do with girls.

Sometimes people assume that if I’m married here that means I’m taken. Marriages here have a lot more variety than they do in real life. I feel like I have the best of both worlds cause my IMVU wife doesn’t just allow me to have fun, she pushes me like crazy, not just to have fun but to share my heart and I do. The connection with Holly is way above anything else, but it’s an amazing feeling to feel so much in love with her and have so much fun at the same time. It makes me feel even closer and so much more appreciative of her. The badder I am the more she likes it, and the more fun it is for me as she pushes me. This wouldn’t be for everyone but is so one of the reasons why I say I’m the luckiest girl in imvu.

Update July 2012: Almost a year later, we’ve downgraded, not broken up, just not really married any more. I still love Holly with all my heart and know she loves me. But her priorities have changed a little and she isn’t on that much and despite my protests, thought I needed to be free to love and be loved more. She’s still the sexiest person I’ve ever met in here. I didn’t really want it, felt safe being married sort of, though I have to admit I do like being single to some degree. I think the key is to be happy no matter where you’re at in here, and you really can be as happy as you make your mind up to be pretty much.

October 2012: This tends to be a little fluid. Holly basically left IMVU, going in other directions so I’m pretty much on my own and enjoying a lot.

1. Dreamman4u

It’s that separation between RL and here that is important. Some people need a reality check, those are the stalker types. I am here for fun and frolic. I do have some online friendships and that’s what they are “online”. There are avatars that I have developed stronger friendships with but it remains online.

December 26, 2011 at 10:11 am

2. Thats true. One other result of Hollys pushing me is that I have a hard time sometimes keeping up with my friendsand even family in here.

December 28, 2011 at 5:28 am

3. quidlyn

i think we see the world in very similar ways, similar reasons for being on imvu, and similar ideas on how people should be treated. we also have amazingly similar rl and imvu relationships (no kids though). my v-fiance sounds a lot like yours, even finding guys for me because she knows i am mostly straight, but like u, i have deeper relationships with girls.

January 13, 2012 at 2:48 pm

4. That is interesting, because I definitely have deeper relationships with girls. I thought I was the only one or that it was because i was afraid to get as close to guys because it would hurt my RL relationship. It’s neat and reassuring to hear someone else say the same thing!

Sometimes i think that’s because guys can’t think straight when they see tits, and pretty much all of my outfits show them enough to make them want just one thing. So maybe it’s my fault too.

Kait

January 13, 2012 at 4:29 pm

5. serenityluv1

WOW! I would not have thought that you would be married to a man and live totally opposite in the virtual world. Now I find that truly interesting. Do your RL hubby know about IMVU and how you interact there? Just curious…

March 9, 2012 at 8:03 pm

6. I don’t think I live totally opposite in here. I was originally afraid how this would affect my RL relationship. That’s why I found it easier to be with women. In the beginning I didn’t even let guys on my friends list.

Now I do and have sex with men but tend to have relationships with women. Women tend to be better at relationships and intimacy. I also tend to get harder to catch up to with guys if I feel too close to them. I think that’s a self preservation thing because of RL.

My husband doesn’t really want to know too much. He has his own issues and this helps me cope and I’m happy and more loving and keep him happy. Everybody is into something. Some people play video games with their free time, some do sewing or crafts. It’s partially don’t ask don’t tell and partially just what he puts up with. We’ve been married long enough to know we can trust each other. But I still have to be careful and not push things, probably like anyone married I imagine.

March 9, 2012 at 9:46 pm

7. Pingback: Better Safe than Sorry. « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

8. I guess I better update this. I haven’t really said a whole lot about this but we Holly’s priorities changed and I think it’s mostly because she really didn’t want to hold me back (not that she ever did in the slightest) but we’ve downgraded to playmates. It hurt for a little bit but I know it’s because she loves me not because she doesn’t. i certainly still love her and know she loves me. Kind of weird I guess. We have so much history, a lot in common and so much fun. We just won’t use that word marriage any more.

June 26, 2012 at 6:25 pm