IMVU is an Addiction

imvu is definitely addictingIMVU is definitely addicting. Gabby gave me this sticker and it’s funny, but it is true. I don’t use my laptop in the bathroom, but would it gross you out if I checked messages on my phone? Never mind, that would be TMI or being TOO brutally honest, lol.

It may sneak up on you in here, but if you stick around you will definitely feel it. The way to test yourself is to go on vacation. It’s a good thing it teaches you not to need as much sleep. I was sitting in my hotel with my family asleep talking to my friends in here. I was being good and did all the family things, but still couldn’t not come in and say hello when I had a chance.

So if you’re new, run away while you still have a chance. Nooooo just kidding. But be careful because it can suck you in. Don’t say I didn’t warn you, lol. Maybe we need to make a 12 step plan to break the addiction. Any suggestions, lol???

1. LasaydaGreyPoena

yeah I got one… step one, take IMVU everywhere you go. Step two, make excuses to be on it. Step three, live on 1 -4 hours of sleep a day. Step four make plenty of friends so that someone is always on when you are….. wait this not a 12 step plan to get off but get more addicted… guess I am an addict as well… oh well way it goes -giggles- it is fun though and the friends made are more than worth it.

November 29, 2011 at 10:38 pm

• That’s too funny. Yeah it’s easy to slide in further, isn’t it. The problem is it’s just too much fun. Some people are addicted to shooting up everything in video games. Well this isn’t as bad as that, is it?! And thanks for writing you addict. :-)

November 29, 2011 at 10:41 pm

2. Another way to tell if you’re addicted is if the first thing you do you in the morning is check messages.

November 30, 2011 at 9:12 am

3. Crazy Rider said he knew he was addicted when he logged on with his cell phone. I’m very guilty and have to admit I didn’t do that until I was addicted too.

December 15, 2011 at 4:07 pm

4. Pingback: What is IMVU? « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

5. Pingback: Is IMVU Bad or Fake? « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

6. Do your fingers know your imvu password automatically without thinking about it?

March 5, 2012 at 9:10 pm

7. Pingback: New to IMVU? « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

8. You know you’re addicted when you stop worrying about or feeling guilty paying for credits and buy them 100K or more at a time. TIP: When you have several hundred thousand credits it gets more fun, and you don’t waste it but you don’t have to worry about it. I guess in some ways it makes you feel rich. You don’t have to spend more but just dont have to worry either.

April 23, 2012 at 10:58 am

9. Pingback: This place encourages Bad Behavior « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

10. Pingback: If you’re bored… | Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

11. AgamemnonTheGreat

I used to be addicted, used to do the whole kingdom thing and such, but then after about 4 years I was out of high school and into a job and had to quit to live on my own, I’ve been clean for about 2 and a half years now lol I don’t plan on going back, but I still rack up credits from the store items I’ve developed. (Which is what took up most of my time, was a pro dev at one point)

July 9, 2013 at 3:02 pm

• It sounds like you did good at it and enjoyed it for quite a while. You may wind up coming back to it in the future, you never know. It’s very versatile and you may have time and want to get back in the future.

July 13, 2013 at 10:01 pm

12. Pingback: Open up and enjoy the emotional intensity of IMVU | Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips