What is the IMVU Customer Support Phone Number?

the billing and customer support number for imvu is 866-761-0975

the billing and customer support number for imvu is 866-761-0975

I love the IMVU Corporation, but I do NOT work for them and have to be honest. I’ve never seen a company that seems to care less about it’s customer at times. I’m not trashing them, but my personal experience with them has been less than perfect. It seems to me, like they tend to act like they’re god and the customer is never right. Their toll-free (in the US) telephone number is: 866-761-0975. The only local number I could find is 650-646-3244. They want you to open a trouble ticket for things rather than talking on the phone but if you’re able to talk on the phone that seems to work much better in my experience than trouble tickets, although if it’s not a billing issue they try to push you to just a trouble ticket.

I have found that if you politely and patiently persist and refuse to give up, they sometimes relent because I think they may get graded by the amount of calls they handle. So if you take forever they might feel more pressure to resolve it for you. This may not be easy if you’re outside of the US, but you might be able to use Skype or a service like that to access their toll free number and call them inexpensively. Unfortunately it’s never easy to deal with them and they act a little like a monopoly so good luck with any issue.

1. Pingback: The Shady Lady Fantasy « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

2. Pingback: IMVU can be such a pain « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

3. Pingback: Handicaps don’t apply « Kaitlyn's IMVU Tips

4. quidlyn

i’ve had good experiences generally with their trouble ticket handling though. usually less than a day. i agree, companies don’t like handling phone calls these days. i think its mostly been billing or bonus credit issues.

February 18, 2012 at 3:38 pm

5. I tried very hard to be diplomatic in this because I’ve had such poor success with their customer service, but I’m not trying to upset or disrespect them either. I’d just rather deal with the motor vehicle department more often than not. It took an hour of arguing and multiple representatives, to get them to consider two $25 gift certificates the same as a $50 gift certificate to qualify for a year of VIP yesterday.

February 18, 2012 at 4:07 pm

6. Yeah customer service can suck at times. My IMVU Dad is usually pretty good at getting them to fix things tho but I always have a time but that never stops me from enjoying IMVU! LOL

February 20, 2012 at 7:53 pm

7. AND I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW DO PEOPLE FROM OUT OF THE US IT’S IMPOSSIBLE TO GET HELP WHEN YOUR HACKED..PLEASE HELP THIS IS A PROBLEM NEED RESOLVING BECAUSE PEOPLE PAY THEIR TIME N MONEY ON IMVU WITH NO SAFETY.

June 19, 2012 at 2:44 pm

• It’s honestly been my experience that IMVU is anything but responsive. They act as if they had no responsibility to their users at all. They seem to dismiss trouble tickets and in some cases act like it’s your fault that you were hacked. I also believe that they use that as an excuse to unilaterally just shut people down with no review or oversight. They have absolute power and we have to shut up and take whatever they feel like doing or not doing. Maybe I shouldn’t speak so freely, but unfortunately this is the down side of a closed system with no checks and balances. I love it, and I actually understand some of the pressures that they are under too. I wish there was a better answer.

June 19, 2012 at 3:00 pm

8. Anonymous

smh i been hacked and now mii imvu dad was hacked they not helping at all….

June 19, 2012 at 10:02 pm

9. Anonymous

My Acc “Guest_Crazerage” Has Got Hacked And I Desperately Need Help To Get It Back.

July 6, 2012 at 8:58 am

• I’d love to help if I could, but I have no connections at IMVU. They don’t know me any more than they do you. All I can say is push them and persist because they can fix or reset anything. I don’t really understand their reluctance to fix things for their users. I do know that they tend to clean house if they think people are hurting the system and blame it on hackers and unfortunately they might have an incentive not to if users have to restart spending more money on AP and credits. This is why I say to Make sure you Backup your IMVU Friends

July 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

• me too but why is the not a proper imvu number for this shit

August 7, 2013 at 10:10 am

• Like a lot of big companies they can’t afford to answer every question that people have. So they try to hide a little bit I guess.

August 9, 2013 at 3:41 pm

10. Christian Dior

This is straight dumb how can you say your a safe and reliable company but yet you don’t help your customers who pay good money to use your site that get hacked I got hacked and I have yet to hear from customer service I want my account back this is stiupid on imvu be half they need a better reponse team cause this doesn’t make any sense I just want my account back is that hard to ask for I love imvu just not the service there giving

December 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

• They do leave a lot to be desired in terms of customer service. I can understand the difficulty of being there for everyone, but even in serious issues it is admittedly hard to get in touch with anyone that seems to care at all. I wish I could help, I really do.

December 15, 2012 at 4:00 pm

11. Anonymous

Its true that IMVU doesn’t really care for their customers I’ve been hacked for a full day now and when i try to call they’re closed and I have filed a hacking problem and no one has answered back and I have spend over 100$ on my account “ll3ethany” and this person has told my friends that he wants 50k of credits for my account back that’s just theft point blank and IMVU doesn’t seem to care one bit…

December 26, 2012 at 11:57 pm

12. Keno

belive me i konw wat you mean my account AikouTakeshi and the one i had to make KingKenoDraven both where hacked and imvu doesnt care the accout holder is to blame in their maind so thay take the easy way out of it they removed my accounts from imvu for good saying i need to be more careful

March 28, 2013 at 9:15 am

13. can someone plz try and help me
    my account has been hacked and my email for my account has been changed. my credits card info and everything is on my account and i just bought imvu credits also. what can i do to get my account back

April 27, 2013 at 10:16 pm

• I wish I could help, but I’m just a user like you. I don’t think anyone at IMVU even sees or cares what I write. Sorry! The only thing I can tell you is to call up and keep them on the phone for as long as possible and be persistent. Good luck with it.

April 28, 2013 at 12:24 pm

14. It is so annoying that IMVU dosn’t seem to care that much. I’ve lost TWO accounts. IN ONE YEAR!. IMVU told me i had been warned 3 times. What??? I have only been once! And yeah, i just lost my account 10 mins ago. I’m gonna miss my friends, i guess. :(
    (my account is perminantly banned.)

May 27, 2013 at 11:50 am

• When they say warned three times before being Banned, they mean suspended for two weeks. They usually only ban someone permanently after they’ve been banned for two weeks at two times already. There is no formal appeal process but if you raise a big enough stink you could get someone to look at it the situation. Sorry you’re having such trouble.

May 28, 2013 at 10:39 am

• I got told perm’ :/ At least, that’s what the mail says. I’ve NEVER been banned before, only once warned. ._. I did send in a ticket yesterday :I ..(with other account of course..~sigh~)

May 28, 2013 at 11:29 am

15. It could just be that they sent you the wrong email. That’s really an awful mistake if it’s just a mistake. They also have the feeling that they can do anything they want sometimes. Good luck!!

May 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

16. how can i contact imvu from england need to reactavte my old account if i can need help please somone

May 28, 2013 at 5:56 pm

• I’m sorry I really don’t know. It’s a pain to contact them, kind of by design.

May 29, 2013 at 5:03 pm

• Anno

Well, i just got mine back. You could make a new account and submit a ticket. That i did, and explained everything. I don’t know what you’ve done to make it disabled but you can try to talk to them. I talked to a IMVU mafia, and they said that the only thing you can do , is to push them. Not black mailing or such, but keep being annoying & saying “but i want it back, help me so i can get it back” ect. :) That i did, and i got mine back. Other is, you can sue them for it, but it really depends on what you got disabled for.

June 11, 2013 at 5:39 am

• Yes, I found the same thing. You just have to persistently badger them. If you just accept what they say, they let it go, but if it gets to be too much trouble they’ll just let it go.

June 11, 2013 at 11:23 am

17. Jessica

I actually got hacked on this account & called imvu telling them. They were actually nice, and didn’t hang up. Is it they hang up on other people?

May 31, 2013 at 9:55 pm

18. Anonymous

my sister got hacked how do ppl guess these things shes vip and has spent so much money on her account some one please reply :(

August 18, 2013 at 4:39 pm

• You can’t just use their email ticket system. You have to be a pest and stay after them, keep them on the phone when you reach someone as long as possible. Be polite but persistent. That’s my advice, for what it’s worth.

August 18, 2013 at 10:02 pm

19. Anonymous

My Other Act Got Hacked And I Have Vip. Is There Anyother Way I Can Cancel My Membership?

August 18, 2013 at 8:34 pm

• I’m not IMVU and can’t actually do anything. But if you have VIP, call the billing number and ask to cancel vip and that’ll give you some leverage. They don’t like to lose paying vips. Explain that your account was stolen and if you have the information they may reinstate it rather than lose a paying customer.

August 18, 2013 at 10:01 pm

20. Angie

I had been telling IMVU that never got my VIP credits and got message back saying that I had been given them. A couple of days ago I found out that all my VIP credits were gifted to another person’s avatar. I put in a ticket with proof of the unauthorized gift and haven’t heard from them yet, it has been 2 days. I am going to try to contact them by phone tonight. Any suggestions on how else to handle this?

September 10, 2013 at 4:52 pm

• the good news is that if it’s about VIP issues, you can use the billing issues number and talk to someone. Issues about things not related to vip or credits are even harder because you can’t really call them as readily. My experience has been that you have to complain a lot and be persistent to get them to do even something obvious. Their customer service is often abysmal but be persistent.

September 10, 2013 at 4:59 pm

21. sherica

I called but its not working, imvu rook everything i had away all clothes, furniture everything n gave me 50,000 cred but it cant buy everything i had and wen i went on shop everything i had before was being weared but id have to buy it they even toook the female avatar. Please Hep ME

November 24, 2013 at 3:05 pm

• Sorry I didn’t see this right away. First of all I’m not IMVU.com and don’t have any good contacts to help you really. They do have some technical issues sometimes for sure. Servers crash, hard drives fail. Sometimes things don’t always work quite right. But they usually come back. I didn’t lose stuff but a good friend of mine lost most of her stuff. She didn’t look like herself at all that night but she was back the next night. So hang in there. It’s a good reminder that you have to back up things sometimes. You do that by taking a screen shot of your friends, of an outfit or your messages. To me your friends are the most important thing, stuff is just stuff and can be replaced. But your relationships are what it’s all about. I hope that helps.

December 1, 2013 at 10:51 pm

22. Farah

I recently received a mail informing me I am using an unauthorized version of the 3D IMVU chat application, a violation of ToS so I am permanently banned. Very well….wait a second what…how can I be using an unauthorized version of the client when I downloaded it from your page…and why would anyone get a different version from somewhere else when you provide one for free..? I immediately opened a ticket, provided a screen shot of my Control Panel/ Programs with imvu highlighted at the bottom showing the Help link where it was downloaded from as well as the date when I downloaded it. Yet imvu is refusing to restore my account and are sticking to their story. To many it more interesting, I have a second account, that I log on from the same desktop but that one is fine…. really….I called and the girl there told me I disabled my own account and after 20 min she tells me to open a ticket because she can’t help me… at this point I am wth…I did my best to be polite but I am grinding my teeth. So imvu took from me an account that I had from July 2007, a VIP member since end of 2007 and a pro creator because they believe I am using an unauthorized imvu software, even when I provided proof it’s theirs. Now friends are submitting tickets, refering mine as well and attach to their tickets it a screen shot of their Control Panel/ Programs to show we all have the same client the only difference is the download date. Let’s see what will be the end result. But at this point my experience with imvu has gone downhill. They had problems in the past but this is crossing the line.

December 10, 2013 at 10:25 am

• That’s really weird! It sounds to me like either a hacker scam to get your account, if the links don’t actually go to imvu or I wonder if it could be IMVU just wanting to close you down for some reason that they don’t want to tell you. Unfortunately I can’t help because I’m a user like you or everyone else. I do this for fun. I’ll be the first to say they have a little bit of a God complex.

December 15, 2013 at 3:55 pm

23. I wanna know why they banned me I sign on earn credits and sign off I don’t bother anybody or anything

February 10, 2014 at 7:24 am

• I feel bad but I really don’t have any way to know or tell anything about any of that. I’m just a user like you. I just started writing and sharing about this because I love it. Submit a ticket in their help section and then if you don’t get a response in 24 hours then call them. You have to put in a ticket though or they’ll just tell you to start with that if you call.

February 10, 2014 at 12:03 pm

24. my account gotten hacked by stupid link fordeon .com get more credits.my other account name is lilyangelvampinwolf.i want my account back,i done nothing i been minding own bussness i dont start drama.the person who took my account has done it too others .its not fare i work on that account made alot friends,everyone are getting thier accounts back.i kno the person is i thought it was kiwistevenz nope he got his account hacked too,the person who did this should get banned,this hurts alot people .princeacadian2 is one took my account and changed my password.i had strong password on my account.please help me get my account bk.i miss it i cant get vip or ap on account i made up. lily

February 14, 2014 at 2:56 pm

• First you have to file a ticket with support, and you have to keep pestering them a little. Don’t fall for dumb ads for free credits, and don’t enter your password ANYWHERE. It’s not about whether you cause trouble or not. I can’t do anything for you here, but keep trying and pushing. Good luck!

February 19, 2014 at 12:21 pm

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 130 other followers